Sunday 15 December 2013

Suffering with 'The Mondays'

Good morning all you munificent vessels of interminable jocundity. I do hope your weekend has left you fairy-light eyed and tinsel-tailed this morning. Yes, I think you'll find the Chrimbletide countdown can start in earnest today. (Good old Earnest, he loves getting things going!) As we begin our last full week of work before Christmas. You can almost hear the sleigh bells in the middle distance, calling us to take up our positions around the warm glowing fire of Christmas that has already been lit in or hearts.

That being said, I do still find myself suffering with 'The Mondays' this morning. I'm feeling very much like I'm mentally walking around in a foggy daze this morning. As opposed to last week when I was walking around in foggy days. The brain still doesn't feel like it's woken up properly. I think I may of had too much sleep?

The trouble is you see, I've been particularly rubbish at having lay-ins recently. On those days when I don't have to get up at silly o'clock in the morning, I still find myself waking up at around half-past silly and then not being able to go back to sleep! I would say it's been a bit of a nightmare, but that would imply that I have been asleep to experience said nightmare. Which I haven't.

I know it's quite common for people to have trouble getting off to sleep at the beginning of the night, we even have a word for that. But I wonder if there is a word that covers not being able to get back to sleep at the other end of the night, when really you should be soundly sleeping for at least another two hours? I'm sure you've all had mornings like it, when you wake up and your brain is suddenly in 'woken-up' mode and refuses to switch back off. Generally speaking, after laying there for about an hour, you normally just give up and get up. Which is what I have been doing, although it is annoying when you don't have to be up.

Still, hopefully with a large chunk of time off coming my way, there's a slim chance that my body and brain will have lot's of practice at not getting up. But right now there is a Monday to be done, so we may as well get on with it. So do have yourselves a merry little Monday and let your hearts be light.

No comments:

Post a Comment