Monday 10 February 2014

Breaking up with Monday.

"Monday! Come here, I want a quiet word with you."

"Look, I don't quite know how to say this, and I don't want to hurt your feelings, but I have to be honest with you. I know we do this every week, week in and week out, no matter what. But the thing is, I'm really just not in the mood for you today. Basically what I trying to say is, as far as I'm concerned you can just go and do one!"

"To be honest, you turn up at this time every week unwanted and uninvited and just expect me to do your bidding from first thing in the morning until my head hits the pillow last thing at night, and I'm fed up with it!"

"Just recently, it's been like I'm just not quite ready for you to just turn up. I mean, I've still got unfinished business with my weekend, and yet every week you still turn up and expect me to just drop everything, no matter what it is, and just entertain you and your demands!"

"Well not today, not anymore. I've had enough!"

"I don't want to come across as mean and ungrateful for your company or anything. I know there have been times, when we've even had a good laugh together. Don't blame yourself, it's not you, it me! I've changed and I just think we ought to spend some time apart. Maybe just for a month or two to see how things go?"

"The thing is, I've just got the point where, just the sight of you gives me a feeling of dread, and that can't be a good thing for either of us can it!? So I think it's best in the long run if, starting from today, if fact right now, you just make yourself scarce and just leave me alone. I really hope you understand. It's not been easy for me to tell you to be honest, but it needed to be said."

"Goodbye Monday. Do look after yourself. Let me show you to the door."

No comments:

Post a Comment