Thursday 20 February 2014

The visitation of the Malady Goblin.

Good morning dearest folk, I trust you are feeling chipper and above board, it being Friday Eve and all?

Sadly it seems either the Plague Fairy, or the Malady Goblin has paid a visit to Tidy Towers. Mid-afternoon yesterday the Glorious Lady T was taken ill and retired to the master bedroom high in the South Wing. There was involuntary shivering, blooms of overheating, and griping stomach pains. Which she described herself as being as if "shards of glass were passing through her intestines". I myself was unaware of these turn of events until I shuffled through the door at my usual time, which if you're wondering is precisely 5:09pm. Normally at this point I would go and perform my ablutions for the evening in the Mater Bedroom's en suite facilities. However, being informed of Good Lady T's current condition I crept upstairs to see how she was. Upon my arrival I was greeted with a small groan and total darkness where she had shut out the last of the evening daylight.

I didn't fuss, Lady T doesn't like to be fussed when feeling under the weather and she asked if I wouldn't mind perhaps waiting to freshen up until after dinner. So leaving her to her pit of sickness, I joined the rest of the family in the main drawing room. I suppose we all, act differently around the ill don't we. I must admit I am fairly useless in any kind of nursing role, plus the outfit looks terrible on me! Number one son, although a very caring soul, likes to take the jovial approach to illness in the family, and makes announcements like "So Mum's got the plague has she?". Number two son, actually does the exact opposite and suddenly becomes very caring, thoughtful, and helpful, which is only to be encouraged. After our evening meal, without the presence of Lady T, he helped clear the table, he even put his plate in the dishwasher, then he even offered to take up a glass of ice to the patient in quarantine! He doesn't always show it to the best of his abilities, but number two son does have a heart of gold deep down.

Still, by the time I headed up the wooden mountain to Bedfordshire, Lady T, although still not well at all, was feeling a bit brighter in herself, which comes as a relief to all the residents here at Tidy Towers. We shall of course do all we can to ensure her rapid recovery.

Still do look after yourselves, and I'll see you all tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment