Thursday 19 June 2014

The Circle of my Life

Friday Eve has begun. A new day dawns. Yes, there may well be a touch of chilly mist clinging in patches to the landscape, like a handful of candy floss accidentally dropped at the fairground. There may even be the prediction of a little rain this afternoon, but hope still reigns too. I'm still keeping hold of the confident, carefree attitude, that despite it all, comes from wearing long shorts and a Tony Stark T-Shirt.

It was Noel Harrison, who in 1968 sang the lyrics: "Round like a circle in a spiral, like a wheel within a wheel. Never ending or beginning on an ever spinning reel", and in the early part of the 2000s Timo Maas hit us with the lyrics: What goes around, Just comes around, This is the sound, It's time to get down. Wise words indeed, and words that certainly seem to 'ring' true with me.

I've have a lot of things in my life that weirdly seem to run in full circles. (Not including the moments when I say "I'm running around like a headless chicken", that's a different kind of circle) Big events in my life seem to have a strange inevitability. They start in one place and end up back from where they started, all tie up nicely and neatly in one big circle.

For instance: The house that I now live in, Tidy Towers, was originally owned by the parents of one of my best friends as I was growing up. Who lived at the bottom of the Close that my parents house was opposite. Then there's the Mrs, The Amazing Lady T. When I first started dating her, I was surprised to discover that she was living in exactly the same house as my first ever girlfriend did when I was a wee nipper! Morning Sue by the way! And now it seems the same set of serendipitous circumstances have come into effect on my career path.

Yes my friends, it is with a thankful heart that I can spread the news that I have found myself a new place to hang my work hat. (Although, sadly I don't actually own a work hat. Maybe I should get one!?) Months ago when I discovered that I was sadly being made redundant, I really wasn't sure what life was going to throw at me. So I made up a c.v and scatter-gunned it to all the places I could think of that might want designer with a warped mind. Then the very first interview I got was with a company, literally a stones throw from my house. They seemed to like me and they seemed like a very nice bunch of people, but there were elements to the job that really weren't me. So I carried on looking and hoping to find that perfect little work nook to nestle in.

Then at the beginning of this week, they made contact with me again. They had changed the role and the salary and made it quite clear that they would like me to jump on board. So I have! Another full circle to add to my "Circle of Life". Not only that, but the very nice man who runs the show also happened to live opposite me when we both were just nippers too!

So as from July 1st a new chapter in The Book of Tidy begins. All a bit scary of course, and I'll probably have months of feeling like the new kid at school, but actually still quite exciting at the same time! HUZZAH!

No comments:

Post a Comment