Wednesday 4 June 2014

Weird Wednesday

(*points* "And cue the X-Files music.")
 
m o r n i n g   a l l .   c o m e   h e r e.   Shhh! I'm whispering because paranormality has seen fit to strike me once again, and I'm just worried that if I speak to loudly, it might try and beat me harder with it's three-headed mackerel of weirdness. I know from past experiences that strange things seem to happen around me, and to be honest, I've become rather blasé about them all these days. However when they do happen, they are worth noting.

All was well as I got up and had a little breakfast this morning, even if one of the cats did everything it could to try and stop me from going to work as I tried to leave. Firstly it came flying out the cat flap as I closed the front door and hurled itself in front of my feet, as if it was purposely trying to trip me up. So I lent over and gave it a small scritch behind the ears and told it to get out the way cos I had to go to work. So I went to the car and unlocked it, only to turn to see the aforementioned feline standing on the bonnet and meowing loudly. So I shooed her off and told her again to get out the way cos I had to go to work, which thankfully she did. So I got in the car and started it up and leant over to pull my seat belt across, only to look back and find the cat back on the bonnet with it's nose pushed against the windscreen and meowing loudly once again!

This in itself is a little weird, because normally the cats run for the hills if we start the car up and they are anywhere near it! Not to mention the fact that it was also raining, and normally the type of weather that they decide to stay indoors for. So as you can imagine it was a little daunting to see it's furry face peering through the windscreen at me meowing while the engine was running! So I undid the seat belt, got back out of the car, picked her up and hurled her unceremoniously off the car towards the cat flap, and told her, in perhaps the not politest of ways, to maybe go back indoors.

Anyway, the journey into work was fine, thankfully no weirdness there. It was only when I opened the door to the office that it really started.

I got in and turned round to switch off the alarm, and as I was doing so, there was an audible *plink!* and the small pair of daylight strip lights, above my head blinked out. I didn't think much of it, other than, oh, that set of light's have gone, that's annoying! Now in the office section of work we have six sets of these strip lights, so there was still plently of light to go around. So I went and sat at my chair and started opening my emails, as I normally do, then . . . *plink!* the set of two strip light's directly above my desk went out. I looked up and thought, okay, that's a bit weird and carried on regardless. So then I went out the office and through the workshop to the kitchen at the side of the building to grab a cup of coffee. I put on the kettle, got my cup out the cupboard, and spooned in the coffee. As I was doing this however . . . *plink!* A set of two, large, daylight strip lights directly above my head blinked out of existence!

I'm not sure what it all means, however I have to trying to not stand under any other strip lights for any length of time, just in case I take out all the lights! Although I may go and try one more, just in the name of science you understand. Bear with me a minute . . . It happened!! *Plink!* I went and chose a not so important set at the far end of the workshop and purposely watched them! And they still went *plink!* Ahhh! This is a little creepy now!

Let's hope the rest of my day goes off without too much weird! The truth is out there folks!




No comments:

Post a Comment